Privacy and cookies
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected. The below outlines how we may collect, use and store your data and the rights you have to access all information we hold on you, and edit or remove it from our database.
Information we may collect
- Information you provide: This includes information you supply when you register on our site, make a comment on a news article, participate in a survey or enter a competition, or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, business details, and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any other website we operate or other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use the information we gather
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: We will use this information:
- to correspond with you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. You must opt in to receive these communications at the point of registration and you can opt out at any time;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you by telephone and e-mail. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data (if you have opted in to this type of data processing), we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, simply do not opt in to receive this where we collect your data or follow the instructions to unsubscribe in the relevant communication;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you: We will use this information:
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of
our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You may request the personal information we hold on you at any time. You also have the right to request we edit or remove this information from our databases and published sites.
We may share your information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in
order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or
apply any contract between us or other terms on our site; or to protect
us, our customers or others.
How we store and protect your data
All of the information we hold about you is stored securely on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Information may be transferred to and processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not
completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal
data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our
site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your
information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try
to prevent unauthorised access.
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Withdrawal of consent
Individuals must give consent for their data to be processed in certain ways, and that individual may withdraw their consent whenever they want. If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. You can do this at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We will fulfill this request within 30 days.
What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer when you access our site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Our site uses the following cookies for the specified purposes:
No personal information is stored in this cookie.
|PHP session cookie
|To store a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page.
For example, if an enquiry form is completed incorrectly, a message will be stored and presented to the user to indicate the errors in the submission.
When an enquiry form is submitted successfully, a message is stored
and presented to the user thanking them for their enquiry.
|Expires when the browser is closed.
No personal information is stored in this cookie.
These help us measure and improve the performance of our site.
|Google stores the information collected on servers
in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third
parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties
process the information on Google's behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
These cookies expire between 10 minutes and 2 years after they are set.
For more information visit Google Analytics.
All cookies used on our site are 'first party' cookies, meaning they can only be read back from our site. We do not use 'third party' cookies which would permit other websites to read or access information set by our site.
Controlling or deleting cookies